Saturday, July 24, 2010

Evening Update 7/24/2010

It's been a relatively uneventful day.

I gave Elvis 1/4 Valium around noon, and then left off the Valium at dinner. He still got a bit more excited than usual during our dinner, but that may simply have been the second Prednisone making itself known. And, well, he's a pretty food motivated little guy.

Tonight I'm planning on just sleeping in the living room on the sofa with Haley (appropriately attired, of course) and Elvis loose. Since bringing the basket in last night wasn't particularly successful, I'm just going to put two blankets on the floor and let it go at that.

I'm hoping that since Elvis will be starting out in the living room tonight, as opposed to traveling all over the house first, things will be a bit easier than they were last night. I'm also changing his Valium dosage some. This afternoon, I had good luck giving 1/2 Torbutrol and then coming back about 30 minutes or so later with a Valium dosage. The Torbutrol helped calm the excited wheezing, and the Valium knocked the edge of his excitement off.

So tonight, I'll give him 1/2 Torb around 10:00 and then 1/2 Valium about 10:30 or 10:45. At that point, we'll be in the living room, and I'll probably leash Haley for the first little bit until I'm sure she realizes that's her bed for the night. Elvis won't be far away.

I am seriously hoping for a better night tonight. Another night like last night, and I'll probably just shoot myself. If this works, I'm really hoping I'll only have to be on the sofa a night or so. That sofa just isn't comfortable, and with back problems, it really isn't good for me to be there for a long stretch.

So my fingers are crossed for a better night tonight. I know I won't be taking my nightly benadryl until I see how things are playing out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment