Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crummy night

Crummy, crummy night.

Elvis whooped and coughed until the wee hours. I'd given him a Valium about 10 hoping that would handle him like it had the night before. No luck. So at midnight, I gave him another one. That wore off about 2:30.

Man. What do you do at 2:30 in the morning when the dog is coughing up a lung and it's all because of stress over a bitch in season?

Well, you move the bitch back out in a crate next to his. And you give him a Torbutrol. Randall and I finally got back to sleep around 3:30 or so.

I've got a call in to Dr. Walthall to ask about increasing the Valium dosage and frequency, as well as upping the Pred during the time Haley is in season.

She's currently making rounds at the shelter, so I won't hear back from her until later this morning, but once I do, I'll post another update.

For now, Elvis is calm (well, mostly), and there's no whooping cough. Periodic whining (little man has found his voice), but everything else is pretty much normal. The problems don't kick in until late afternoon when the stress of anticipating his dinner (and ours) kicks in. Once that starts, it's added to the Haley burden and it kicks off his coughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment