Thursday, December 24, 2009

12_24 Update

Since I've got a ton of stuff to do today in preparation for Christmas Day tomorrow, I'll make this brief.

Elvis has now had four days of 1/2 pill (5 mg) of Prednisone, and it's definitely making a difference with him. There's MUCH less wheezing/coughing going on, and I've been able to seriously cut back on his Guafinisen and Torbutrol. He still gets his Robitussin DM (which has Guafinisen in it) with breakfast and dinner, but the Torbutrol has been cut back to may 1/4 pill per day. He got one this morning, and he got one at dinner last night, but I'm generally seeing that instead of two 1/4 and one 1/2 Torbutrol, it's really about one 1/4 pill.

So that is a definitely improvement.

The Prednisone is certainly ramping up his appetite and I am having to watch him. He's highly motivated to grab stuff that falls on the floor, which is something he has never done before. I'm pretty sure he's going to put on some weight during this course of medicines, but I'll weigh him today at the normal time and make the necessary adjustments.

This will probably be my last update until maybe Sunday. I did call his clinic yesterday to let them know the Pred is helping him. He'll move over to 1/3 pill starting tomorrow, and I will call the clinic early next week and give them an update.

So with that, I'll close and wish everyone a very happy and safe Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment