Friday, December 11, 2009

12_11 - early afternoon update

For now, I'm going to have to start posting more medical note taking stuff in here. If I'm not careful, I'm going to start having trouble reading my hand written notes, so this is the best place for them.

8:10 am. Pooped in his crate. Loose stool, but not unexpected because of the turkey stock (it's rich). He moved out onto one of the dog beds, and there's been no sustained coughing. Offered him some liquid and he showed no interest.

9:30 am. Gave Clavamox and 1/4 Enalapril in a bit of food. Still not interested in breakfast, but he's gotten up several times for water. This is the first time in two days he's really done this.

10:45. 1/2 Guaifinisen, 1/4 of 50 mg Lasix tablet (he won't have more Lasix today). He's more alert. Still coughing, but less intense (2-3 on a scale of 10).

11:25. Pooped a little in house. Very loose and a bit of blood in the mucus. Went ahead and called the clinic, but they'll have to call me back.

12:15. Ate 1/4 cup rice, 2 Tbsp plain yogurt, 1/4 C stock. Was looking for more. I could hear him wheeze when he was eating, but it seems that that and drinking tend to increase it. Once he was finished eating, the wheezing eased.

He's been outside and followed everyone around. He's in the basket now and resting with no coughing and little wheezing. I'll call the clinic again after 1:00. I hate to be a pest, but I also want a nap this afternoon, so if Dr. Walthall wants to see him, I want to be sure and talk to her.

Also, I really do want some sort of game plan for over the weekend. Some things I want to check are whether the Clavamox will help address the wheezing at some point. I also want to verify the amount of fluids/day, whether I should worry about the loose stool (Pepto maybe?) because of dehydration, and what the dosage/24 hours is for Torbutrol. There's probably more, but I'm forgetting it. :(

I'll post again later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment