Thursday, December 17, 2009

12_17 Update (Thursday)

Just a very quick update here.

Elvis is about the same. Still sleeping through the night with some very mild coughing, so that's good.

Dr. Walthall is still waiting for information on the consultation on the steroids for him. Not sure if we'll know anything this afternoon or not. Might be tomorrow. I will say that 1/4 of a Guafinisen given with either 1/4 or 1/2 of a Torbutrol really helps. The two drugs seem to work very well together in controlling his cough...better than they do alone.

Right now, he gets 1/2 Torbutrol and 1/4 Guafinisen right before he goes in his crate for the night. At breakfast, he's getting .5 ml of Robitussin DM (has Guafinisen in it) and 1/4 Torbutrol. If he needs it during they day, I'll give him 1/4 Torbutrol and 1/4 Guafinisen. That seems to be working with him right now. He's also back down to .75 ml Lasix twice a day, and 1/4 Enalapril twice a day.

His antibiotics ended yesterday, so that's one less pill for him. Yeah!!

That's where we are right now with him. Hopefully I'll have some information about the steroids late this afternoon or tomorrow. If not, it will be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment