Friday, December 18, 2009

12_18 Medicine/Feeding Update

Posted because I'm afraid I'll lose my mind (and my notes) over the weekend. :)

Elvis, btw, is doing pretty well. Still sleeping through the night. Still wheezy (but a bit less so) and still coughing (but less so), but all in all, he's doing better than he was earlier in the week.

Breakfast
1/3 cup food
1/4 cup water
1/4 Enalapril
1/4 Torbutrol
.5 ml Robitussin DM
.75 ml Lasix

Midafternoon (if needed)
1/4 Torubtrol
1/4 Guafinisen

Dinner
1 1/2 Tbsp food
1/8 cup water
1/4 Enalapril
.5 ml Robitussin DM
.75 ml Lasix

Bedtime
1/2 Torbutrol
1/4 Guafinisen

We're still waiting to hear about the steroid situation, but right now he seems stable, and that's the main thing. His weight is definitely fluctuating, but I suspect that's because I've been tweaking the medicine and food/water amounts. He's down closer to 8 pounds, so it's not too radical.

We're having family over Monday afternoon, and I've got quite a bit to do this weekend, so unless his situation changes, I probably won't update this blog until Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment