Monday, January 04, 2010

1_4 Afternoon Update

Elvis got another heartworm pill last night about 10:30. 

When I got up this morning, Randall said he'd been coughing some and, indeed, he was. Not bad...probably a 2-3 on a scale of 10, but he hadn't really been coughing at all over the last several days. So, when I gave him his food ball this morning he got 1/2 a Guafinisen and 1/4 of a Torbutrol along with his Prednisone.

I also called the clinic to let them know he was doing a bit of coughing and what medicines I'd given him. I also told them I'd keep a close eye on his fluid intake since that was apparently a major contributor to the problems he had with his first heartworm pill.

Fortunately, nearly 5 hours after his dosing, he's not coughed.  

So that's where we are. Right now he's crated in the living room since Randall is taking his Christmas tree down here in the den and there's just too much activity for Elvis to handle easily.

I'll post again tonight or, if things remain calm, tomorrow once I see how he's handling the heartworm pill. I'll be keeping a close eye on him for several days so we don't have a repeat of the last midnight ride to Dr. Walthall's clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment