Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update, Sept 29, 2010

Called the clinic this afternoon to let them know I think I'm seeing some small improvement.

Elvis is still coughing, but it's different. The "hacking up a lung" sound has lessened...it's still there, but it doesn't last as long and it's softer. Also, while he coughs more than he normally would, it does stop...which is something it didn't do this weekend. Essentially once it started, that was about it. It kept going and going and going.

Also, the wheezing seems to be down some, as well. It's still there, but it takes more exertion for it to kick in.

Right now, he's had five doses of the doxycycline. Two on Monday and Tuesday and one (so far) today. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's responding to this antibiotic.

I told Melody I'd give her a call Friday morning after he'd had breakfast and his meds had had a chance to kick in and let them know how he was doing.

With that in mind, I'll probably skip the update tomorrow unless the situation changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment