Friday, September 10, 2010

Update, Sept 10, 2010

Yesterday was a very good day for the Little Stumpy Fella.

Very little coughing, which translates into no Torbutrol. The bad news is I forgot to weigh him again. Damn me!

Anyway, I'll give the clinic a quick call this morning...I've got to check on Haley's stitches (looks like they're the absorbing, but I want to double check), so I'll give Melody a quick update on Elvis. I don't see any reason to take him to the clinic, though. The increased Pred has taken care of that cough.

Elvis will stay on the elevated Pred dosage through tomorrow morning. Beginning Sunday, I'll start stepping him back (a rather slow process). I don't have the exact dosage scheduled yet, but generally it takes about 10 days to get him back down to the 1/4 pill daily that is his usual amount. I just hope that once he's back down on the regular dose that this cough doesn't come back. Fingers crossed.

I'll post another quick update sometime this weekend (unless things change). I'm getting ready to start a major painting project, so I'm going to spend the next several days up on a ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment