Monday, September 27, 2010

Coughing and a trip to the clinic

Yesterday's post was, admittedly, light hearted. That's not the case this morning.

I know the excitement of me being back in the kitchen after a week of not cooking was the trigger, but regardless of the cause, Elvis started that horrible, hacking cough again...the one that I originally upped his Prednisone dosage for.

Starting at 7:00 pm, he got 1/2 Torb; 8:30 1/4 Valium; 9:30 1/2 Torb; 10:30 1/2 Guafinisen. It looked like we were in for a rough night until Randall suggested putting Skeeter in with him in his crate to sleep. That did seem to work, and we all slept through the night.

Same problem this morning, and I went ahead with 1 Torb at 6:30. 1/2 wasn't cutting it, and it does seem to have slowed the coughing down. I've called the clinic and left a voice mail to give them a heads up, and I've gotten two videos (actually they're more for the sound than anything) and sent them via email. I'll also take the camera with us in case there's a problem downloading my message.

Right now, any activity causes the coughing to start in. Unfortunately, it's also any activity that Randall or I do (like walking into the kitchen or going into the bedroom).

I'll post an update once we get back from the clinic. I'm hoping this isn't a sign that his heart failure has taken a turn for the worse, but it may be. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment