Time for an update. :)
Elvis is still suffering from swelling where his tooth is bad. He's been on antibiotics now for a full week, and while it's definitely down, it's still visible.
I called the clinic this morning, and since they all know I'm leaving town on Monday, I was asked to call back on Wednesday to give an update. It's possible that he'll need a second course of antibiotics, and if he does, I'll request pills because it will be easier for Randall to handle.
That said, here's the schedule for me.
My mother is coming in on Thursday, and my cousin and his family will come in for the day on Sunday. With that in mind, there's a pork butt to smoke, and side dishes and a cake to get ready. So foodie stuff will rule my world for the next few days.
On Monday, November 8, I'm leaving town with my mom to go back to Dallas for some denture adjustments and chores that she needs done at her house. The plan is for Randall to come up on the 17th or 18th (we're waiting on weather since the wind shield wipers on the van don't work...it rains, and there's a delay), and we should be back by Saturday, November 20. And yes. Elvis will be coming, too. The Valium will be kept well at hand for this. He's never been in someone else's house before, but I'm hoping that with me, Randall, Haley and Skeeter there, he will handle the stress.
Once we're back, I'll need to pow-wow with Dr. Walthall about Elvis' tooth. She's going to be out of pocket in early December, so we'll have that to work around. I've also got a follow-up appointment with my radiation oncologist and a CT scan scheduled in early December.
I want to be sure we're all on the same page on what we want to do. I've got real concerns about putting him under for an extraction, but a bad tooth can cause other problems, and with a dicky heart, I don't want to make it worse. So we'll look at this when I get back and figure out what we want to do.
I'll post another update before I leave on Monday.