Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Update, October 5, 2010

(Real life is still hectic and interfering with regularly scheduled updates. *g*)

Elvis is definitely doing better. He's got tonight's dose of antibiotics and tomorrow's to go, and then he'll be finished with them.

I've called the clinic, however, to ask if Dr. Walthall might want to permanently increase his Pred from 1/4 of a 5 mg tablet once a day, to 1/4 of a 5 mg tablet TWICE a day. I'm still getting the wheezy breathing from him, and it may be time to do a permanent increase. I should hear back today about this.

Right now, I'm going on the assumption that his infection has cleared up. I don't hear the deep, hacking cough that I was hearing...more the normal raspy cough that will stop once he settles. Before once that cough started, I couldn't stop it for love nor money unless he got a full Torbutrol, and that was just too much to do as often as I would have had to.

So I'll wait to hear from Dr. Walthall and see what she wants to do about the Pred. Not sure is he'll need to go in for another blood test or not.

I'll post another update probably tomorrow or Thursday once I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment