Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update, June 30, 2010

Just a quick update on Elvis.

Yesterday we (Randall and I, sans Elvis) went out to Dr. Walthall's office to pick up more meds.

While we were there, I asked Melody if she thought Dr. Walthall would want to see him in the near future. Basically, Melody said that if things were going well, there was no need to subject him to the stress of a visit.

And, well, things ARE going well. Elvis rarely has to have a Torbutrol (maybe 1/2 pill every 10 days to two weeks), his weight is really good and he's eating like a pig. The small daily dose of Prednisone has handled the wheezing he used to plagued by, and the diuretics appear to be doing their job. His monthly heartworm tablets aren't giving him any trouble, either. No coughing a day or two after he gets them - which is what he was doing originally.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the way he's doing. I think the little stumpy fellow has surprised us all with his resiliency.

We're also approaching a very special date. On July 13, it will be one year since we brought him home to foster. We were surprised (and very pleased) when he made it to Christmas since he was in really bad shape last July. I told Randall earlier in the week that I suspect Elvis will be with us a good long while. As long as he's responding to his medication and nothing else goes wrong, I really believe Elvis will be here longer than anyone ever thought.

So this is where we are. I'm hoping to get some new pics and maybe a video or two of him before July 13 so I can post them for his Fosterversery.

No comments:

Post a Comment