Thursday, June 10, 2010

Coughing problems....

Not particularly severe, but it's definitely increased some.

I've suspected all along that, like with people who have breathing issues (my dad with COPD is a good example), increased humidity causes some difficulty for Elvis. And it has been REALLY humid here...yesterday we had record rainfall for Waco (nearly 7 inches at our house in 3-4 hours) and yesterday Elvis had to have a 1/2 Torb.

Today it's a little less humid, so there's less coughing, but he's still exhibiting some aggravated breathing problems. It's the sort of thing I like to keep an eye on since too much coughing causes him to pant and lose moisture. Once that happens, dehydration is a real issue for him. So that's something I like to keep strictly under control.

One more issue is he is now really, REALLY concentrating on food. LOL

I was in the front room with the new foster cat (Ollie is still in quarantine), and I kept hearing this noise outside the bedroom door. First I thought it was Haley with **A New Noise**, but then I realized it really didn't sound like her voice. And when I opened up the door, everyone was there so I wasn't any wiser. However, it kept going on, and I realized where I'd heard it before...Elvis at the dinner table when we're done eating and he's angling for handouts. I open the door again, and he's the only one in the hall, so I knew it was him.

Bless his heart. He has gotten so food oriented it's unreal. And since I go in to see THE EVIL CAT and SHUT THE DOOR....well, it's obvious I'm going to come to some sort of great harm and he'll miss being fed his dinner and getting handouts from ours!

He's got the rustiest little voice, but since he didn't start coughing, I didn't see any real reason to try and keep him away. If it starts becoming an issue, then I'll have to be sure he's in the den with the gate closed when I go in to see Ollie at 4:30 or so. And fortunately, I hope to have Ollie out of isolation by this time next week (which won't really improve Elvis' life since he's so frightened of cats).

No comments:

Post a Comment