Friday, February 26, 2010

2_26_10

Just a quick update on why I'm not updating.

Rest assured, Elvis is doing just fine.

I'm all involved with one of my cats over here...as I mentioned the other day. We took Savoy in on Monday to see Dr. Walthall, and after a CBC was done, it looks like he has a kidney infection. He got an antibiotic shot, but I'm not seeing much in the way of improvement, though some mouth sores have cleared up.

I'm having to syringe feed him four times a day which is taking up all my Oomph. Come Monday if he's not improved, I'll call for some oral antibiotics (which Dr. Walthall mention as a possibility when she saw him). My suspicions are that the Convenia, which has mouth ulcers listed as one of its main targets, isn't geared as much for a kidney infection. I've had Baytril highly recommended to me on my Devon rex mailing list as being very effective on kidney infections, so I'll ask Dr. Walthall about that if she doesn't suggest it.

Anyway, I'll post more on Elvis after I get more of a handle on Savoy. But like I said, Elvis is doing really, really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment