Monday, December 27, 2010

Late December Update

Nothing momentous to report, but I noticed my last update was over 10 days ago, so I thought I should fix that.

Elvis made it through the days following his dental work just fine. The facial swelling is completely gone, so it looks like the infection issue was addressed even if the tooth wasn't pulled. So this is good. A tooth infection is never fun, so I'm glad we were able to address the problem. Kudos to Dr. Walthall, Melody and Carol for doing such a great job. It's never fun to put a dog with a dicky heart under anesthesia, but they did it and he came out of it with no problem.

Since I was in the kitchen baking for much of the last 10 days, he's relished his role as the "committed foodie." Matter of fact, since I wasn't in the kitchen really at all today, he's been quite unsettled. He'll come into the room and sit behind my chair...wheezing and staring. He REALLY wants the Foodlady to go do Foodlady things. Sadly, he's going to be disappointed for a couple of days since I don't plan on any cooking until Thursday, and all my baking is pretty much over.

Christmas was uneventful for him, except he got to snack on some really good food. The company and decorations were pretty much just accepted. He was even in on the chair in the living room sitting behind me while we all unwrapped presents. Didn't bother him. When he got down on the floor to go outside, he even walked past the mounds of paper, bags and ribbons without so much as a sideways glance.

And in a few days, we'll hit 2011. Randall and I are hoping that this next year is a good for him as 2010 has been. At least we know his teeth are in good shape, the dry skin problem he's had is being addressed by the fish oil supplement, and all his drugs are addressing his medical problems nicely.

I'll try to get a couple of new pictures of him, though it's getting tougher to do since he's gotten where he really hates the camera. I'll try though.

Meanwhile, everyone have a safe and Happy New Year, and we'll see you around in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment