Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Elvis update

Looks like yesterday's dental work hasn't caused any trouble for Elvis.

He's been acting find. He's definitely been eating fine. It also looks like the swelling he's had right above the tooth and under the eye is shrinking some. That will take some time since it's a reabsorbance situation.

One thing that is really, really interesting is that Elvis seems a whole lot braver yesterday and today. Now I know that sounds sort of weird, but never, in the year and a half that he's lived here has he ever hung out in the kitchen waiting for a handout. Until yesterday.

He came into the kitchen and sat behind me while I was using the stand mixer. He also stood around and watched me load stuff in the dishwasher. That is VERY unusual. Before yesterday, the most he would do was peek around the corner of the cabinet to see what I was doing. Never would he come in and sit with Haley and Skeeter in the hopes of a handout.

Also, instead of bolting when something edible was tossed his way, he ran up and snatched it.

Like I said...very unusual. Whether it's because I was there when he went under and then woke up, I don't know. Whether this continues beyond another day or so, I don't know. I'll just have to take this one day at a time.

I will say it's a very nice, positive behavior change.

No comments:

Post a Comment