Sunday, August 08, 2010

All is well in Elvis's world

Haley is well and truly out of season, and all is now normal with Elvis.

WOOT!

He's sleeping in his own crate in the den.

He's very much interested in racing Skeeter down the path. The competition focus has changed, which is excellent because I could see Elvis deciding he needed to defend his chosen lady, and coming out on the losing end if only because Skeeter has teeth, and I would have come down on him from great height.

He's interested in DVD Date Night popcorn, his morning treat (4 Cheerios), his breakfast, his dinner and our dinner. The Foodlady has, once again, come to rule his world.

He's not particularly concerned about Haley any longer. He checks her out a couple of times a day, but that's it.

And the constant leg hiking has stopped. I'd forgotten what a pain in the butt it was to have a stud dog around, but this brought it back into clear, sharp focus.

He got his heartworm treatment last Sunday, and there weren't any negative reactions.

So it looks like all is well. He's back to his normal routine and his normal meds and I, for one, am very grateful.

I'll probably not post an update until next weekend because I anticipate me doing a lot around the house in preparation for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment