Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4_14_10 Update

This will probably be my last update until I get back from Dallas in May.

Elvis is doing fine. His weight is fluctuating a bit between 7.6 and 8.2 pounds, but I think that's more reflective of his food than anything else. One thing you can say about this little guy, his pasture has improved tremendously since we brought him in.

I did have to give him 1/2 a Valium today because I cut his toenails. That always stresses him terribly and I keep the Valium ready because I know he'll need it. Sure enough, he did, but the Valium did its job quickly and he settled right down. I shouldn't have to cut his toenails again until June. I was hoping to make it every three months, but they just get too long.

One new thing. He chased a bird tonight after dinner. :) First time he's ever shown any interest in any of the birds or squirrels that come in the yard, but Randall saw him do it and said there was no mistaking what he was doing.

I do have a major complaint about him, though. There is apparently some bug or something that is coming out of the ground in our yard at dusk/night, and Elvis refuses to come in until he's grazed his fill. Unfortunately, that can take 20-30 minutes which means the evenings are spent yelling at the back door for him. There's no question he hears us because lots of times he looks up from his grazing to look at us, but there's no getting him in until he's good and ready to leave the buffet. If I could walk, I'd go out there and see just what in the hell it is he finds so tasty.

Anyway, I leave for Dallas on Sunday, and Elvis will stay here with Randall. I can't imagine that I'll do any sort of update, but Randall has assured me that if something happens, he'll post an update here on the blog. He also said he'll try to post one general update a week if he gets a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment